- Your specialist co-pay is expected in full at the time of service.
- You will be asked to show your current insurance card(s) and photo ID at every visit. New patients who do not present a current insurance card will be asked to pay in full at the initial visit.
- Full payment is due at the time of service unless we have a contract with your insurance company. We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. Please note, returned checks are subject to a $30 service fee.
- If you have an insurance plan that requires a referral, you will need to present a printed copy of the referral at check-in. If you do not have your referral, you will be asked to sign a waiver accepting full responsibility for any charges related to services provided on that date.
- You will be notified of all balances unpaid by your insurance. Regardless of insurance coverage, you are responsible for all bills being paid in a timely manner. All unpaid balances will be sent to collections 90 days from receipt of the explanation of benefits. Raleigh Endocrine Associates reserves the right at any time to suspend appointments, or refer you for care elsewhere for non-payment.
We do NOT accept Medicaid as either primary or secondary insurance.
We are NOT in-network with Cigna Connect or Ambetter. Blue Value is the only Health Insurance Marketplace plan we accept.
We are in-network with Blue Home with UNC Health Alliance POS as of January 1, 2020.
Military & Veterans: We accept TriCare Select and Reserve Select, but do not accept TriCare Prime. We do not accept CHAMPVA.
Please be aware that some services provided at Raleigh Endocrine Associates may be deemed non‐covered services or not medically necessary under Medicare and/or other medical insurance programs. All claims will be filed as a courtesy to all insurance companies when presented with a current and valid insurance card. Due to the number of new plans available on the market and the constant changes in insurance carrier policies, Raleigh Endocrine Associates will not guarantee insurance coverage or payment for any service. Patients are responsible for understanding their own coverage, co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles and any referral or pre-authorization requirements.
SELF PAY AND NON-PARTICIPATING INSURANCE
- All patients without insurance will be provided with an estimate of charges on the day of their visit.
- All self-pay charges paid in full at time of service are eligible for a 35% Prompt Pay discount; any unpaid charges must be set up on an approved payment plan with a credit card, debit card, or health savings account card on file.
- Non-contracted insurance plans are considered non-participating and will be processed as out-of-network. All charges will be subject to all applicable co-pay, co-insurance, deductible, and out-of-network benefits, if any.