How the Secure Patient Portal Works
A secure web portal is a kind of webpage that uses encryption to keep unauthorized persons from reading communications, information, or attachments. Secure messages and information can only be read by someone who knows the right password or pass- phrase to log in to the portal site. Because the connection channel between your computer and the Web site uses secure sockets layer technology you can read or view information on your computer, but it is still encrypted in transmission between the Web site and your computer.
Once you are registered as a patient and have provided us with your secure email, you will receive an email with a link to register.
Follow the instructions to complete your registration:
- Choose a login method on the registration screen. Use one of the IDs you already have for Google, Yahoo, Facebook or Windows Live. If you do not already have one of these accounts, you will be prompted to create a FMH account for a login.
- Accept the agreement.
- Enter your Invitation Code. This is your four-digit year of birth.
- Click “Agree”.
Once your account is set up:
Our system will be notified that your portal account exists letting the staff know you are ready to receive portal communications.
- You will be receiving e-mails asking you to log into your account and view any messages sent by our practice or your provider or our staff.
- Simply click on the link and it will take you to your messages, or log into your portal account.
You can log in directly to the follow my heatlh portal by clicking here: https://raleighendocrine.followmyhealth.com/
TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Email email@example.com or call 1-888-670-9775.
Protecting Your Private Health Information and Risks
This method of communication and viewing prevents unauthorized parties from being able to access or read messages while they are in transmission. Raleigh Endocrine Associates, in its opinion, has implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect patient privacy. However, keeping messages secure depends on two additional factors: the secure message must reach the correct email address, and only the correct individual (or someone authorized by that individual) must be able to get access to it.
Only you can make sure these two factors are present. We need you to make sure we have your correct email address and are informed if it ever changes. You also need to keep track of who has access to your email account so that only you, or someone you authorize, can see the messages you receive from us. If you pick up secure messages from a web site, you need to keep unauthorized individuals from learning your password. If you think your password has been compromised, you should promptly go to the web site and change it.
After you are registered with the Patient Portal, you will be able to:
- Update your contact information
- Request your own appointments
- View your laboratory results
- Request prescription refills
- View your medical summary, medication list, treatment history and visitation dates
The following will NOT be accepted through Patient Portal:
- Requests for advice on the best course of treatment for your medical problem.
- Requests for narcotics/controlled medications.
- Requests for refill for medication not currently being prescribed by a Raleigh Endocrine Associates provider.
- Requests for cancelling or rescheduling your appointment.